As All Goes On

Sunday, October 23, 2016


world wide web

Amid the shambles, after the landslide, we tried to live our lives just as normal as possible. True, nothing was normal at all since, apart from the dining table and –chairs, all furniture was stored in the bedroom. Really nothing was in its right place, even the trashcan. There was no ‘as usual’ and I walked in the wrong direction several times just to throw trash or getting water etc.

Nevertheless, there were things to be done and tasks waiting. We still need to eat and have clean clothes so I had to go to the market and cook like nothing was wrong. Since the washing machine was still floating in a thick layer of mud I had to bring it to the laundrette which was only 2 minutes away. It all sounds very simple, right? Trust me, it isn’t. The sloping part going to the road was slippery because of all the wet mud and I definitely do not want to break an arm or leg when I’m doing nothing very spectacular. That would be silly and pathetic, wouldn’t it? Under abnormal circumstances, you can find out how limited the hours in a day are.  Doing the house chores is one thing but of course, there is much more. What to think of our social life? That goes on as well and let us face it, we need it. And was I not writing blog posts every now and then? Was I not working on my second novel? And a major, new job had to be finished; creating a website. 

It is amazing to see what time consuming that is. The writing, picking images, chose the right color, etc. etc. All the things one never realizes while surfing the net. Please understand me well, I am not complaining at all here for it is nice to be creative, to build something exactly to your own taste. It just seemed to take a lot of time. The circumstances mentioned earlier played a major role of course. Also, to be honest, I did not even have a clue on how to create a website at all. Fear for the big unknown! Fortunately, a good friend In the Netherlands offered her help. This morning I went through our emails, spanning 3 weeks; 75 mails back and forth I counted. But that is not all, also countless messages on FaceBook. Humble as I am I was afraid I was asking too much of her but she cut me off telling me how much she enjoyed doing it. Lucky me! 

The last days I have been thinking several times “We’re done. I can launch the website”. But then there were little things that had to be adjusted or added. And besides, when is it done anyway? A website, in my opinion, is never finished. It is not a static piece of work but it has lo live. It needs updates and, very important, there has to be communication. That is why I made a page forum/discussion. 

May I please invite you to my site now? Here we go: http://mijnkalapati.jimdo.com/

If you like it please tell your friends about it. I would appreciate it very much.


Love the ones you’re with and be loved in return.