How pure are Mark Zuckerberg and his Face Book?

Sunday, August 16, 2020

 
A few days ago, someone posted a ridiculous message about the brutal murder of a young man in the Netherlands. Several posts were already to cry about, but this particular man managed to compare this tragic murder with the murder of George Floyd which really resulted from institutionalized discrimination. In fact, it was a lamentation because "The death of Floyd got all the attention while the murder of a white man got no media attention, no silent march ... nothing." This was far from the truth. The newspapers reported daily about the investigation, a silent march was announced in the media as well as a demonstration on Dam Square in Amsterdam. One woman rightly responded to the man's comment. My response to her was "Ah, another sad white man who feels like he has been neglected and doesn't understand anything at all." 

This comment went wrong with Fuck Book. I was banned for 24 hours. 
 
Picture taken from the big screen

Now, since I was not born yesterday and even if I cannot post or respond, I can still follow everything. And surprise, surprise: The racist remarks were piling up. No one apparently felt compelled to report these disgusting comments and the Fuck Book fact checkers apparently thought it was all OK too. Now that I was on FB, I looked at posts from friends that I could not respond to, but a like should surely be possible? To my surprise, a pop-up window appeared stating that I could not post anything and that the ban would be over in 2 days and 5 hours. Without prior notice, the 1-day ban was transformed into 3 days. Fuck Book can do that just like that.

Screenshot


A few months before, I had been banned once after calling Christians idiots who believe the most stupid stories. Of course this kicked in the sore leg of the best boy in the class: Mark Suckerberg (I use that S on purpose. You can understand why: Markie Sucks !!). After that 1-day ban, I placed a post to ask if the anonymous hero who reported me might want to come forward to me. And had it not been possible to approach me in the first place? A woman responded in messenger. She did not clarify whether she had reported the post but did report that she was annoyed by my anti religion posts. At the end of the conversation she said she would pray for me. I didn't go into that but thought it would be a waste of her energy and time.

What I do not like in the least is the fact that Facebook can ban people at will. You never really know what it is all about (although the "offending" comment was shown this last time) and on what ground exactly the decision is based. I called someone with obvious racist ideas and sad white man. Is this really that terribly offensive? And what about the racist insults on this subject? I couldn't help thinking about the reports that Suckerberg didn't want to delete concerning Donald Trump's misleading posts. Perhaps it is too short-sighted, but 1+1 = 2 and it does give me food for thought. Suckerberg can say at length that his ideal is to help people connect but the question arises: Only white people with a sense of suepriority? The racism against which I agitated may remain. Racist Trump is not obstructed. Violence against humans and animals is prohibited according to guidelines. Why then do I regularly see videos with violence? Pictures of (half) nude people are not allowed. so, overzealous FB employees banned the iconic photo of a young scared girl fleeing a nuclear bomb attack on Hiroshima. The child was naked. Yes. It perfectly demonstrated the horror of a filthy act of war.

A friend of mine owns an internet shop and the website includes images of Buddha and Sheeva. But oh! Seriously? Did the FB stasi see a bare tit there? “FBut madam! This is really not allowed and not possible! This is against the FB rules! Pictures of famous statues no less, forbidden by FB!

If you just take a look, you will see there are plenty of examples of unclear and failing policy. Courtesy Mr. Suckerberg. The real sad thing is that people can get a ban without even the possibility to share their thoughts and concerns. In court at least there is this "hear and rebuttal". Mark doesn't care about that.


Yesterday I watched the movie “The social network” hoping to find information and that didn't make me happier. First, Markie started hacking. Not such a pure occupation; breaking in into other people’s computers. Then he made an appointment with two brothers, stole their idea, and then kicked their asses. His best friend who had actually invented FB was also banned from the company in a terrible way. Mark later made a buyout scheme with both parties, under threat of lawsuits. The film portrays an unhappy nerd who strikes hard and uses everyone in his path. It seems that he advocates a different policy in word than in reality. In any case, I get a very nasty aftertaste in my mouth. I will try to find another social platform where people can post their ideas and pictures, have friends to communicate with.

Love the ones you're with and be loved in return.