Out On A Limb

Saturday, November 19, 2016


Politician
Add caption
That is exactly where I am writing this post. You might like it very much or not at all. You might agree with me or not. There is no problem with that. It is just the way how I, as a messenger, put things and how one responds to it. And that now is exactly the subject of this post. It might look a bit messy because I just cannot sort things out properly at the moment. There is so much going on right now and every subject somehow is related to another. Anyway, care to follow my opinion and thoughts? Well then, let’s go!

Long time ago Winston Churchill had some argument with a woman about politics. At some given point she said, “Oh, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your tea.” “Madame,” Winston responded, “if I were, I’d drink it with pleasure.” Both made a very clear statement that said it all. And yet one can accept it. People do have arguments now and then, saying things that are definitely not nice. It is all said in the heat of the moment and mostly the persons can have a good laugh about it once the dispute is solved one way or the other. 

We all know what happened after WWII stopped. Countries agreed this should never ever happen again and several countries concluded treaties. Happier times were waiting and that shows clear enough when you take a look at the sixties. Women’s liberation, the sexual revolution and let’s not forget the flower power period. Those were times of hope for a better future. Of course, there were still a lot of bad/sad things going on but at least the people were sure they were going to be solved  (Mind you; I’m not an analyst and I am just giving my point of view. To explain history, even one decade, would take hundreds of pages). Most of us can remember very well how happy the world was when the Berlin wall came down. East and West -were in an attempt to understand each other- becoming more befriended. Moscow and Washington agreed to bring down the number of nuclear weapons. No more cold war. 

Then somehow attitudes started to change and I really cannot say how and –more important- why. Bush senior invaded Iraq and hell broke loose. Worse was his son and when two airplanes hit the Twin Towers in the big apple I felt this was going to change the world for a long period. To this day I am convinced it was an inside job and people who know told me that it was impossible the way the towers collapsed. The true story, of course, has never been told and I doubt if it ever will be. All I know is that Bush and Blair needed a reason to attack Afghanistan and Iraq. It was a very mean and dirty game they played, using false reasons as well. When Obama was chosen people again hoped things would turn out in a good way. Unfortunately Bush left him a giant mess. And on top of that, the big financial crisis started. 

Looking back on 8 years Obama all I can say is that he sure made the best of it, given the situation. Apart from that, I do believe he has been the most decent, classy president the White House has ever seen.
Right now the world is holding its breath now that America voted for Trump, due to a stupid system. After all, it was Clinton who got most of the votes. And that is where we are right now. The sad thing is that it is not only Trump who is in charge. In Turkey, there is this dictator Erdogan. Most countries do not like Putin who also does not understand why he is in charge and how he got there in the first place. In Africa, many governments do not take human rights very seriously and the Middle East is pure chaos. The Arabic spring became a real nightmare. It was the Bush administration that fuelled the fire there. What we see is a bunch of politicians who got in office because they were chosen as representatives of the people. As soon as they are in charge they open up their own agenda not minding the peoples will anymore. Even worse; too often people are put away when they openly criticize the government. Instead of being humble (“Who am I that may serve you the people of this country?”) they become oppressors and that shows in a variety of ways.

For years now it can be heard all over the world, the calls for ‘a change’. People are fed up with the establishment of not listening to them. And here we see this strange, weird thought twisting when people vote for populists, not understanding that these barkers áre the establishment! Those now exactly are the people who only help the rich and wealthy. And people do not learn from their mistakes because they will vote for these idiots over and over again. For some reason, the song ‘Revolution’ by the Beatles pops up. Maybe that is exactly what the world needs right now. 

One way or another, things simply have to change for the better because it sure is a sad world right now. Wish I had an answer to it all but I do not have. All I can do is put my thoughts here. I would like to encourage you to share yours.

Before I forget, did you already visit my site? It is bi lingual. At the moment I'm working on some improvements. Kalapati


Love the ones you’re with and be loved in return.