12 Minuteconvo With Engel Jones

Wednesday, November 23, 2016


Conversation



Last week I received this email from Denise Wakeman, a woman who gives online courses on how to grow an audience. She mentioned an interview she had and wrote: Quote-Engel is the podcast host of Twelve Minute Convos. He has set a goal to create a Guinness World Record for the most podcast interviews in 3 months-1509. He interviews Champions and he would love to have you be part of this. If you have 12mins. 

This to me seemed a new challenge and I immediately applied. It did not take long before I got an answer. I was invited to be one of the 1509 and I was requested to pick a scheduled time. Also, I was given a list of questions that would be going to be discussed. Going through them and writing the answers down did not take too long because I only used some keywords just to be sure I could answer them all without having to think too much. After all, 12 minutes is not that long and I was not going to use the given time with "Eeeeeehhs". On the internet, I searched for "12minuteconvo Engel Jones" and was surprised to see resumptions of interviews he already had conducted. On another site, I could actually hear an interview. This was going to be fun and I got a little excited over it.


This morning I carefully organized everything, having my note block next to the keyboard on the desk, charging my smartphone in case something would go wrong with the laptop. Also, there was a glass of water, just in case. The reason why I will never know but I really got kind of nervous as I saw the clock moving to 9.45 AM. The reconstruction of the wall and apartments next to us after the landslide for sure were not doing anything good since there was a lot of noise. "Oh, I hope the sound will not be too disturbing!" kept going through my head. I closed the front door and the windows but all to no avail. The curtains did not do much either.

Then that sound telling me someone was calling me on Skype. This was it. I took a deep breath and pressed the green button. The ringing went on. I declined and made the call myself. That worked. A deep, warm and friendly voice made me feel comfortable instantly and we hit it off. It really felt like I was talking to an old friend. A variety of subjects was discussed and when I was asked what I have been doing consistently over the past three years I told Engel that I had been writing and promoting my book and blogspots. And yes, I definitely want to go on doing this. Much more was being talked about and much too soon I got the question "Is there something you would like to say at the end of our conversation?" Surprise, a surprise because that was the question I had not thought about. So I said, "Well, let me finish the way I always finish my blogs: Love the ones you're with and be loved in return". And that was it. A dry click and it was all over.

Looking back I felt satisfied although I felt a bit sorry that I had not mentioned my new website. But then again, it can be found here on the Blogspot so I better not worry too much about it.

If you think you are a Champion in your own right and want to be a part of the challenge you also can apply.

Love the ones you're with and be loved in return 

And here are some links in case you might be interested:
7-day Visibility Challenge
12minuteconvo
Kalapati  (bi lingual)